The Brockwell Bake Association
page >1< >2< >3< >4< >5< >6<
 
inside Brixton Windmill > page 1  

the Victorian set of French Burr stones in hursting frame made by R. Waygood of Falmoth Road, off the Walworth Road probably between 1860 and 1870 

originally powered by steam, then by gas engine here is present electric engine in place 

hole cut in side of tun at some time to look at stones 

hursting frame with wooden cover to belt drives from engine and lever for swapping drive belt between stones drive wheel and idling wheel 
 

flour spout 

silent feed going into eye of stones 

silent feed 

control for silent feed 

detail of stones crane 

view of bevel gears from opposite side to spout toward drive wheels 

view of bevel gears from opposite side to spout 

side opposite to spout showing "R Waygood & Co, London 

side opposite to spout showing "R Waygood & Co, London 

Spout side showing replacement tentering adjustment wheel 
HOME
 
  next >>>